You know what they say, one scooter ride a day can keep all sorts of troubles away.
Not that many things in life can be fun, healthy, and cheap at the same time. But scooters are an exception to this.
Be careful which scooter you pick out for yourself, though. A poorly built scooter might be fun in the initial phases, but the fuel bills that will shoot up with it will never let you have guiltless joy.
To avoid this, make sure that you do not settle for anything less than the best kick scooter for commuting. Get a scooter that is low maintenance, comfortable, and good value for money. And to find such a scooter, check out our list below.
Quick Summary for Top 5 Products
Let’s take a quick glance at our top recommendations.
1. Editor’s Choice: Rinkmo Electric Scooter for Adults
We like this bike the most because it has the longest mileage. The battery and the motor are both powerful enough to take you uphill and for long distances. The dual brakes work to keep you safe, and the wide deck gives you immense stability.
2. Best for Uphill Terrains: Populo Electric Scooter
This bike comes with a motor that has enough power to take you uphill through steep angles. The three levels of speed, dual braking system, and pneumatic tires will all keep you happy as you explore above flat ground.
3. Best Scooter For Everyone: REDLIRO Kick Scooter for Adults/Teens
The adjustable handlebar on this scooter makes it suitable for both adults and children. The bike has a low and wide deck that will give you the support you need, even if you don’t have much experience riding a scooter.
4. Best for City Roads: Gotrax GXL V2 Commuting Electric Scooter
This scooter has a 250W motor which is great for riding on flat city streets. The dual brakes will make it easy for you to cut corners and stop for passing vehicles. The mileage is decent, and the 4-hour charging capacity will serve you great during busy days as well.
5. Best Scooter For Transporting: Swagtron K8 Folding Kick Scooter with Kickstand for Kids & Teens
If you are going far away and want your ride along with you, then this is a great scooter to take along. The item only weighs about 10 pounds, which makes it the lightest scooter on the list.
Hold To Fold Your Scooter
All of the scooters in this list are foldable. But you need to know how to fold them, right? Unfortunately, not all of them will come with clear instructions on how you can do this. So, here we go!
Step 1: There is a release button on the t-handle. Press that and pull the grip on them.
Step 2: Now, pull the quick-release lever on the handle, and pull down the tube.
Step 3: Use one hand to hold the t-tube on your scooter and turn it upside down.
Step 4: With your other hand, press the joint release button. Your scooter will fold down on its own now.
Best Kick Scooter For Commuting Reviews
If you want to buy a scooter you won’t regret, take a look at this list below. We have gathered 5 of the best ones from the market.
1. Gotrax GXL V2 Commuting Electric Scooter – Best For Commute On City Roads
- Tire Type: Pneumatic
- Tire Size: 8.5 inches
- Brake Style: eABS and disc brakes
- Motor Power: 250 Watts
- Top Speed: 15.5 MPH
- Item Weight: 27 lbs
- Maximum Weight Capacity: 220 lbs
- Battery: 36 V
- Compatibility: Portable
This scooter has pneumatic tires that can absorb and dissolve the shock from impacts. Whether you’re on the city roads or on rougher terrains, you will have less of a hard time on your bike just because of these air-filled tires.
The smoothness of this ride will be further extended by the disc braking system incorporated into the bike. The brakes will hit the pad between the rotor and absorb some of that building energy through the power of hydraulics. You can easily take your mind off of the bumps on the road and focus on the joy of riding entirely.
The motor will support you further in this regard. Snug in this frame is a 250W motor that is powerful enough to pull a maximum weight of 220 pounds at a speed of 15.5 MPH.
There is a 36V battery inside that can take you 9-12 miles easily. When the battery runs out of power, just plug it up, and within 4 hours of charging, your bike will be all ready to go again.
Storing the bike is super easy – it has a foldable frame that can be transformed to a compact size and stored in tiny spaces.
- Fast charging
- Has cruise control
- Can go up steep 14-degree slopes
- Minimalistic yet stylish design
- Easy to store, foldable frame
- Comes with a digital display for ultra convenience
- The battery can run the bike up to 12 miles with every charge
- Pneumatic tires and the dual braking system make the ride very comfortable
- Does not come assembled and neither with instructions
- The battery gauge does not measure accurately enough
- Sensitive throttle makes cruise control difficult
2. Populo Electric Scooter – Best for Frequent Uphill Travel
- Motor Type: 350W Brushless Motor
- Top Speed: 15 MPH
- Highest Travel Range: 14.5 miles
- Item Weight: 28.3 lbs
- Total Weight Capacity: 250 lbs
- Tire Type: 8.5” Pneumatic
- Dashboard: Digital
- Brake System: Mechanical and Electrical Brakes
- Foldable Frame: Yes
This scooter is stylish and modern, to begin with. The sleek minimalistic colors will put in the mood for a smooth ride on your streets. Assisted by the brushless motor, the scooter will deliver that smoothness you desire just to your satisfaction.
Note that the motor is 350W, which means that you can take this scooter uphill without having to fall back in power. You will get great speeds of upto 15 mph straight away.
The bike itself weighs about 28.3 pounds, which is fairly easy to carry on its own. But the ease in transporting the bike will be much further enhanced by its foldable frame. The folding will take only 3 seconds, and after that, you will be able to conveniently put this back in the trunk of your car and any other storage places of such capacity.
There are three different speeds on this bike – 6, 9, and 15 mph. And putting a brake on your speed is easy with the electrical and mechanical brakes in the system. There are tail lights to warn others that you’re braking, and there is a high-power headlight on the front to assist you in darkness.
The dashboard on the handle will show you details on speed, battery level, and power. So, all in all, this is a win-win bike for everyone, and we love it for its overall smoothness, elegance, and usability.
- Has a motor that is powerful enough to support uphill riding
- Can take up to 250 pounds in weight
- Stable, durable, and elegant frame
- Comes with lights in the back and on the front
- The dashboard makes it easy to keep track of changes in condition
- Pneumatic tires make this bike easy on the back
- Takes surface scratches too easily
3. REDLIRO Kick Scooter for Adults/Teens – Best Overall Bike for All
- Foldable: Yes
- Wheels: Wear-resistant PU
- Weight Capacity: 220 lbs
- Deck: Wide and Low
- Kickstand: Built-in
- Design: T-bar Lock Type
- Gender: Unisex
This bike provides stability with its extra wide and low deck. There is a fender at the rear that you press on in order to slow the bike down.
The frame is made with aluminum – a metal that is stable, strong, lightweight, and resistant to corrosion. You will be able to fold it up into a compact size in about 3 seconds.
You can also easily carry the bike along with yourself as it only weighs about 11 pounds. To assist you in this endeavor, the scooter comes with a shoulder strap that can be carried with one hand.
The wheels are made with a high-quality polyurethane material that won’t wear out with use. You can ride this bike on rough terrains without constantly fearing punctures.
Handlebars on this bike are super convenient – they are made with rubber, and they have a non-slip texture that is comfortable to work with. Their size is adjustable as well. You can adjust the handlebars between 35 to 39 inches at your convenience.
Size is not an issue either. The adjustable handlebars make this bike ready for taking on all passengers who are above 12 years as long as they do not exceed 220 pounds in weight, which is the bike’s maximum weight capacity.
- Can take a good weight
- Handlebars are adjustable
- Suitable for both children and adults
- Provides good balance by the deck
- Has a dual damping system that makes rides comfortable
- Strong wheels and frame
- Easily folds up into a compact size
- No cons
4. Swagtron K8 Folding Kick Scooter with Kickstand for Kids & Teens – Best Scooter For Transportability
- Item Weight: 9.75 pounds
- Weight Capacity: 220 pounds
- Wheel Size: 200 mm
- Deck: Wide
- Handlebars: EVA Material, Removable
If you want a stylish ride that will also let you have fun and be independent in your commute, then the SWAGTRON K8 Titan is really the one for you. It is a foldable scooter that rides as smoothly as it looks. You can put it at the back of your car’s trunk and also carry it in your hands if you’re in a hurry to go somewhere.
The scooter weighs a little below 10 pounds, which will give you transport convenience. The deck below is made with aluminum, and it’s wide enough for you to be comfortable while you’re on it.
With such great stability, you will be able to make fun on the streets to new levels for yourself. The handles will give you immense control on your direction and pace. They are made with an EVA material that is soft to the touch and also gives an incredibly good grip.
Another feature that contributes to the riding quality of this bike is the high-precision ABEC-9 bearings on it. These bearings will make it easy for you to turn the wheels, while the wheels themselves are large enough to support your weight to your maximum level of comfort.
- Extremely stylish and elegant frame
- Deck provides excellent stability
- Extra thick wheels give you that extra bit of control over your pace
- Handlebars are removable and have an excellent rubber grip
- A foldable system that is easy to carry
- The rear wheel brake pad makes it easy to stop the bike
- The handlebar has unreliable threading
- Front wheels move out of alignment
5. Rinkmo Portable Folding Commuting Electric Kick Scooter – Best Scooter for Long Rides
- Item Weight: 26.5 pounds
- Maximum Load Capacity: 220 pounds
- Folding Time: 1 second
- Battery: 9.6 AH Li-On Battery
- Max Travel Range: 18.6 miles
- Motor: 350W Silent
- Top Speed: 15 mph
- Brakes: Dual (Mechanical, Electrical)
- Tire Size: 8.2 inches
This is a scooter that you can rely on. The focus on this is not on the appearance, and yet the exterior of the scooter doesn’t disappoint. The features make it even better. You have a powerful motor inside the scooter that will run you 15 degrees uphill without cutting back your speed.
You won’t have to compromise with the speed at all because this ride goes at 15 miles per hour! Anyone weighing less than 220 pounds can rack this ride up to the max speed without wearing it down.
This is a long-range scooter like no other. We’d even go so far as to say that this is the best commuter scooter for adults. The vehicle is run on a 9.6 AH battery that can go 18.6 miles on a single full charge.
To protect the battery’s health, a smart management system is harnessed into power so that your battery can run its longest potential life.
You will get motor assistance after you achieve an initial coasting speed of 3 km per hour on the bike. This way, you will have more control on the throttle, and thus you will be safer.
- Very reliable bike
- Good for uphill riding
- Has a powerful motor
- The battery runs a long time
- LED lights on the front keep your rides safe in the dark
- Can go 18+ miles on a full charge in optimum conditions
- Punctures are unlikely because of the solid tires
- Doesn’t have a cruise control
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I clean my electric scooter?
Wipe the deck, tires, and brakes using a super soft microfiber cloth. To clean dried-up dirt, use a brush with soapy water on it and scrub until it’s all gone. Then wipe it dry with a microfibre cloth to finish up.
2. Do electric scooters need gas?
Electric scooters do not need fuel; they run on battery power, so you will have to charge the battery before you can ride it.
3. Can the electric commuter scooters be taken out in the rain?
This is not advisable even for the best electric commuter scooters. If water or mud goes into the battery and motor, then the scooter will stop functioning.
4. Can kick scooters be used by adults?
Yes, they can be used by adults and children alike. But be sure to check the height range for the scooter to decide whether it’s meant to be driven by adults.
5. What are the most important basic features of an adult’s kick scooter?
The best combination of features for an adult’s kick scooter is a deck that’s low and wide, wheels that are quite large, and have high-quality bearings in them. Suspension is a preference, but having it will certainly make the rides smoother.
The scooters we have listed here best by appearance and performance. Scooters are very convenient, environment-friendly, and wallet-friendly all at the same time.
If you’re looking for a scooter, you’re already on the right path. Hope your search for the best kick scooter for commuting has ended here. At times like these, a scooter can be your temporary relief. Now get out there and have fun! Good luck!