Cycling is not only the best exercise you could get on land, but it is also very liberating for the soul. Cyclists have a deep love for stepping on the pedal and zooming past the streets on their own. Ideally, you should be able to hop onto the cycle and get on with your journey.
But sometimes it turns out that you don’t have the right shoes for the occasion. And that’s really very frustrating, isn’t it? Don’t worry, though. This article will tell you all about the best non cycling shoes for cycling.
With these shoes on, you’ll be free to jump onto your cycle whenever your heart desires for that strong gust of wind against your face.
Table of Contents
- Best Non Cycling Shoes for Cycling
- 1. Reebok Men's Crossfit Nano 8.0 Flexweave Sneaker
- 2. Adidas Performance Men's Soccer Mundial Goal Shoes
- 3. Adidas Men's Stabil X Cross Trainer, Mystery Ink Cloud White Solar Red
- 4. Tommaso Pista Women's Cycling Shoe Bundle
- 5. Tommaso Montagna 100 Men's Mountain Bike MTB Spin Cycling Shoe
- 6. Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 35 Women's Running Shoes
- 7. Venzo Bicycle Men's or Women's Shoes
- 8. Five Ten Women's Freerider Pro Bike Shoes
- 9. Under Armour Men's Tribase Reign 2.0 Cross Trainer
- 10. Weweya Barefoot Shoes Men Minimalist Shoe
- Buying Guide for Non Cycling Shoes for Cycling
- FAQs for Non-Cycling Shoes for Cycling
Best Non Cycling Shoes for Cycling
You don’t need specific shoes for every occasion. If the quality of the shoes is good, then they’ll give you the freedom to do whatever your heart pleases. We have the top regular shoes for cycling here, and they will definitely go a long way to serve your purpose
1. Reebok Men's Crossfit Nano 8.0 Flexweave Sneaker
- The upper area is constructed with a breathable patented fabric called Flexweave
- Only the middle area has forefoot cushioning, lowering chances of injury
- Has the lowest drop on the outsoles of any shoe - this enhances stability
- The design is low cut with a boost in the bootie construction allowing the shoes to flex naturally as you flex your feet
- Features a wide toe box that lets you exert pressure on the pedals without hurting your toes
This one may perhaps be a non-cycling shoe, but it has all the qualities that are necessary to make it capable of assisting cyclists. The design of the shoe gives it a solid look and makes it capable of giving you a solid support for all kinds of activities.
One of the main problem areas for shoes is the frontal part of their structure called the toe cap. In the Reebok Nano, you will notice that the toe cap is quite wide and sturdy.
An effect of this is that you’ll be able to lean over to the front without losing your balance. This is especially useful in cycling when it comes to pulling up the pedals. You will have much more support as you move the pedals in circles without feeling any stress over the toes.
Then comes the most telling attribute of this particular pair of shoes – the flex weave fabric. Flexweave is a material patented by Reebok. It is a one of a kind material and is the perfect substitute for leather in athletic shoes.
The outsoles for these shoes have as low a drop as there can be. This is a preferable aspect for athletic shoes because lower the drop, the more natural will be your stance when you wear them.
Low outsoles also make the shoes be closer to the ground, and thus they make it easier for you to balance your body weight better. So, overall, it’s one of the best regular shoes for cycling out there.
2. Adidas Performance Men's Soccer Mundial Goal Shoes
- Features the classic black and white of Adidas that goes so well with casual daily outfits
- Has the whole range of aspects that are usually a trademark of cycling shoes
- The different external soles are cut and shaped particularly to add mobility and comfort
- Affordable and long-lasting
- The non-marking rubber grip makes them perfect for being worn inside the house as well as outside
As the name makes it quite evident, these shoes are made for playing soccer. That being the case, a picture of durability, sturdiness, and comfort has already been painted in your mind, right? Well, hold on that to that picture because that is exactly what these shoes are.
Made from the purest form of Kangaroo leather, these shoes give way to no other shoe in the market. Especially at that price point. The exterior is the regular triple white stripes across the black backdrop that is so characteristic of the Adidas brand. And these shoes are a true classic.
They have a raised outsole that provides the best support that is required to make your movements light and quick. The raised outsole is perfectly balanced by a slightly raised midsole and heel counter.
By the merit of the combination of these factors, these shoes will lift up your feet in such a position, that if you decide to leap, jump or push forward, you will immediately be able to displace your body weight while still maintaining complete composure over your stance.
The outsoles have another aspect that contributes to its being well suited to cycling. You will not notice this without an inspection, but the outsole actually has non-marking rubber stuffed inside to provide a spectacular level of grip. This will make pedaling quite effortless for you.
The upper part of the shoes employs the use of split leather in order to mimic the performance of top-grain leather to an efficient degree.
3. Adidas Men's Stabil X Cross Trainer, Mystery Ink Cloud White Solar Red
- Have a synthetic sole
- Provides easy mobility and fast pace
- Very lightweight design with uppers that fit perfectly over the instep of the feet
- The inner sole is arched to give you the highest level of comfort
- The midsole has flex points and a perfect curve that combine to add stability
If you are looking for good shoes, and these orange ones seem to hold your attention, then you should allow them to do so because they are quite rightfully, one of the best pairs you can get for cycling and other athletic activities.
Notice their shape, to begin with. There are curves running by the arch of the structure, and the function of these curves is to provide support, stability, and speed.
There are flex points in the midsole, and these slightly raised points are going to help you to get a firm grip on the ground below by increasing the traction between your feet and the ground.
Increased traction is always a desirable quality in shoes because that will prevent you from falling onto your face too often. When you are cycling, these flex points hook into the pedals and give you a better hold on your pedaling.
One of the features that take some points off of these lovely shoes is that they are constructed with synthetic soles. These soles will pose no problem in dry seasons, but in wet seasons you might find them to become a bit slippery.
The shoes are low boot styled, and they open at 3 inches all around. The boot-style opening makes the shoes more comfortable by making them delicate around the ankles, and thus easy to pedal with.
4. Tommaso Pista Women's Cycling Shoe Bundle
- These shoes are compatible with cleats
- Much attention has been paid to the design aspects in order to assure breathability and comfort
- Mesh windows, perforated tongue, and breathable liners have been used for its construction
- Reinforced toe box makes it easier for you to pull up the pedals fast
- Perfect for walking due to the non-skidding strips attached to the heels
- Lots of vents to keep feet dry and ensure overall freshness while cycling
These shoes are, particularly for women. They are the perfect shoes for cycling, as they are made for spinning, which is just a stationary style of cycling
They have a dual cleat system, which is meant to give you a pivot with the cycle, and help you to stay upright in the correct position while exerting the optimal level of pressure on the pedals.
Wearing shoes with cleats is a good idea while cycling because they keep you comfortable and let you pedal a long way with minimum effort.
Another big problem faced by cyclists is that of sweaty feet, which slip away from the shoes. But that won’t be a matter of much worry in this case as there are multiple design aspects of the shoe to prevent those problems.
Firstly, inside the shoe is a breathable liner that soaks in moisture and prevents the feet from being drenched in it. Then there are mesh windows on either side of the shoe – these windows let in air and prevent irregular sweating.
Another cautionary placement is the perforated tongue that lies just beneath the vamp. The perforation helps air to get in and keep the feet fresh and dry.
Other than these, you will see that the toe box is also quite tough. It has been heavily reinforced in order to give it a higher level of durability.
Last but not least, we must mention that opening and closing the shoes require the use of the three velcro straps on the vamp – thus making it easier for you to put these shoes on without the hassle of tying laces.
5. Tommaso Montagna 100 Men's Mountain Bike MTB Spin Cycling Shoe
- The shoes have a two-hole pattern system underneath the soles
- Fasten them quickly by the use of the three straps of Velcro on the front
- Soles have been reinforced with fiberglass to give them a bit of added stability and flexibility
- Perfect for wearing on regular days, for mountain biking and for spinning as well
- The design also includes climbing spikes which help to give you traction over slippery surfaces
The most important aspect of any pair of cycling shoes is the sole. Now, this company understands that and pays heed to that detail by reinforcing the soles of their shoes with fiberglass. Fiberglass is very strong, but at the same time, it is quite lightweight.
With the fiberglass sole, you will find a certain lightness in your movements. Agility is one of the benefits of wearing such shoes. And it’s a quality that will really help you to pedal your way through the streets at full speed without holding yourself back by stopping for adjustments.
Also, you will find that you can go a long way without taking breaks, as these shoes are quite responsive, and they enhance motion by giving you comfort with every stop.
The upper part of these shoes is made of synthetic leather. This material is just as good as leather, and it’s a bit cheaper as well.
These shoes can be worn at a number of different types of activities besides cycling. You can take this for mountain biking, for touring and regular commuting around the city as well.
6. Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 35 Women's Running Shoes
- The structure of the shoes has been erected to maximize comfort and agility
- Lower eyelets and the flex zones have been slightly raised to enhance smooth landing
- Special sock liners and mesh have been inserted inside to keep the feet fresh, dry and comfortable
- Slanted heels give a natural speed to your launches
- There are several microscopic cutouts in the shoe that enhance breathability
These shoes are primarily made for running. But they are just as good for cycling as well. They can be worn every day, whether you are going to the gym or to cycle around in the streets.
The streamlined design of the sole makes the shoes quite comfortable to be worn all day around. Notice that the underpart of the shoe has been built particularly to increase support, with the midsole of these shoes being more beveled than the outsole.
You might think that this will mess up your balance, but when you wear them, you will notice that they only make your balance better but giving you more surface area to push upon. The result of this is that the shoes can absorb more impacts to protect your feet, and use the force from those impacts to drive energy to your movements.
The slightly raised angle of the outsole gives you adequate support to push yourself up whenever needed, and the tilt of the toe cap, on the other hand, gives it the functional edge that is required for fast, strong, and agile movements.
Then there are tiny cutouts running along the lengths of the midsole and the outsole – the purpose of these is to let air in and to increase flexibility.
The interior of the shoes is lined with a mesh that absorbs sweat and creates a thinly cushioned support underneath.
7. Venzo Bicycle Men's or Women's Shoes
- Compatible with pedaling systems like Look KEO, SPD and SPD SL
- Contains a highly breathable mesh that keeps your feet fresh
- Has a synthetic upper that is sturdy enough for pedaling up
- Incorporated with sock liners that keep your feet protected from blister formation
- Low-cut build that enhances stability by helping to balance the weight
This is the first pair of cycling shoes that we have on this list. And it is of a compatible style for both men and women. First of all, the shoes are medium width, and they are going to perfectly fit the feet to give them breathable space and necessary protection.
The shoes have a low platform design. With such zero-drop shoes, you have a lower risk of injury. These shoes hold your body weight at a more stable position and help your stance to improve, thus relieving you from the nagging troubles of foot and knee pain to quite an extent.
The forefoot and the heel are both suited to increase mobility with less effort. The front of the shoe is more at level with the ground, whereas the heels are a bit beveled. This combination helps you to initialize movement more smoothly and then carry the pace forward without any destabilization.
8. Five Ten Women's Freerider Pro Bike Shoes
- Stealth style shoes with very low platforms to help stabilize the weight of the body
- Has textile lining all throughout the inner part to help with sweat and shock absorption
- Comes with poron upper that helps to increase air circulation inside the shoes
- Non-marking rubber soles that can be worn indoors and outdoors
- Comes as regular fit with a lace closure that keeps the shoes secure on the feet
These are also specific shoes for bikers. They have the characteristic tough upper that is necessary for pulling up pedals without wearing out the shoes.
To make the shoes more cost-effective without the loss of function, the textile lining has been used throughout its interior. If you sweat, you are not going to get uncomfortable because they are going to get quickly absorbed in the lining.
As a result, you will have relief from the wet discomfort, and you will also be able to wear these shoes for long rides.
Then we have the rubber outsole that is superior at strongly gripping onto surfaces. And when you mount your cycle wearing these, pedaling will be a breeze to you. You will notice that the shoe itself is working with the motion of the pedal voluntarily to a degree, and that will save you a lot of effort.
These shoes are also resistant to impacts due to the synthetic rubber upper that has pores in it to let out a lot of the build-up energy caused during an impact. These pores will also let your feet breathe and regulate blood circulation so that you can move more freely.
9. Under Armour Men's Tribase Reign 2.0 Cross Trainer
- The frontal flex is built for superior stability and smooth initializing action
- Has a big external heel counter that is accompanied by a rubber insert to give the ankles increased support
- Comes in 7 amazing colors
- Incorporates the patented UA Tribase design for a stronghold on power and pace
- Made from 100% synthetic materials that are resilient and durable
These shoes uphold the name of their clan by being the best in terms of fit, mobility, and long-lasting comfort. You will find these shoes in 7 alluring colors, and they look as tough from the outside as they are in their build.
The shaft is quite low from the arch, and this design element gives the ankles very secure support. The most defining feature of these shoes is the framing of the sole.
Under Armour uses a patented technology called the UA Tribase, which incorporates three types of bases to give you the perfect support at the bell, arch, and the heel of the foot.
With these three supported points of contact, you will find more confidence in yourself while running, cycling, and doing any other intense activity that requires a lot of consistent movement.
The heel counter of these shoes is quite large, and there is a little rubber patch attached to it. This whole design has the function of adding support to the heel so that the feet are anchored more firmly into the shoe.
The result of this is evident in the comfort it provides. It feels as if the shoes are a part of your feet as a whole, and this then makes movement even more natural and quick-paced.
10. Weweya Barefoot Shoes Men Minimalist Shoe
- The rubber sole is very flexible and good at absorbing shock
- Several flex points run through the sole and strengthen the grip of the shoes on any surface
- Has a stabilizing bar on the heel counter for increased ankle support
- Zero drop shoes that are good at balancing body weight
- Has a wide toe box so that there is a lot of space to keep the toes comfortable with the cycling
These zero-drop shoes are going to help you fly. This feature is necessary for superior balance. The lower to the ground you are, the more stable your hold will be on yourself.
Then there is the rubber sole that has heavy flexing points running across and through the entire surface area. These points are great for gripping onto surfaces, regardless of whether the surface is solid ground or the cranks of the pedal.
Then comes the collar of the shoes. This is built to a good height – it only reaches just over the ankle and has a band of textile wrapped around the external side of it. Thus, your ankles stay protected from any unusual bending or twisting, and you have more freedom in movement.
Inside the shoes, there is just enough room to allow free movement and also to keep your feet firmly grounded inside.
You can wear these shoes on a regular day as they are comfortable and breathable. They come in 5 different colors, and they are quite suitable for casual training, running, cycling, and even climbing.
Buying Guide for Non Cycling Shoes for Cycling
It’s not necessary to wear the trademark cycling shoes every day wherever you go. You can wear any pair of shoes for cycling as long as you pay attention to a few of its design features. And what features do we mean? Read below to know more.
The best shoes for bike riding are those that have the basic features required to give your feet protection from frictional damage, keep them dry and give you comfort.
Cycling will require you to use your feet a lot. If your shoes are not comfortable, and you try to cycle wearing those, then you can badly hurt your ankles, and form blisters in all the exposed areas. This will make you keep your cycle away for a long time.
To avoid that, buy shoes that have a comfortable, breathable mesh on the inside. They are good because they let in air, and let your feet breathe. Thus preventing sweat and bad odor.
If you can expend a bit of money, we would recommend you to buy leather shoes that will ensure breathability and freshness all day long. Also, there is the fact that leather shoes look good with all outfits, and so they are the perfect shoes to wear for a cyclist on a regular basis.
And if you don’t want to spend that much money on your shoes, don’t worry. There is a cheaper alternative too. You can go with microfiber leather.
This is a synthetic material that is as good as leather, but cheaper. They can repel water, prevent UV rays and abrasions. Most importantly, they are breathable.
Price is always a contributing factor to any purchasing decision. But getting a cheap pair of shoes only to have it wear out quickly is not a good idea. Although spending a lot of money and burning a hole in the wallet just for a pair of shoes is also not a good idea. So get somewhere in between.
You can compromise some special features like cleats, and choose instead, by prioritizing comfort, style, and fit.
FAQs for Non-Cycling Shoes for Cycling
1. What is the advantage of getting clipped pedals?
Clips give you a better grip on the pedals and make you a more efficient cyclist.
2. Is it necessary for non-cycling cycling shoes to be waterproof?
It definitely won’t help you ride better. So it’s not necessary.
3. Can I wear non-cycling shoes if my pedals are clipless?
Yes, you can. But it will be difficult to control the pedaling. Therefore, we don’t recommend it.
4. What can I do to boost my cycling with the best regular non cycling shoes for cycling?
You can get toe clips on the pedals. They will let you have more control while cycling no matter what shoes you’re wearing.
5. What is the most defining quality of a pair of shoes that can be worn for cycling?
If your shoes have stiff soles, then they’ll suit cycling quite well.
Without the right shoes, cycling will be a terrible idea.
So, wear the best non cycling shoes for cycling, and be prepared for a cycling adventure at any part of the day no matter where you are.
If you’re struggling with choices, we would recommend the Adidas Performance Men's Soccer Mundial Goal Shoes for you. They are a good choice on the basis of comfort and practicality, and they can actually be worn by both genders and with any outfit!Well then, best of luck! Have fun cycling and making memories!